Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
- 4/4/14: Divisions for the GHSWPA 2014 season have been posted. New in 2014: 3
Boys/Co-ed Divisions and 1 Girls Division.
- 3/27/14: Final Reminder: If your team plans on participating in the GHSWPA during the fall 2014 season, the deadline for submitting your
team's deposit is April 1st. If you have an "A team", a "B team", and a Girls team, you will need $100 per team, so, $300
in this example. Contact the league Treasurer for additional information, or for a invoice/receipt
2014 fall scheduling work is already underway. If you have not already, please submit an information
sheet for your team to the league's Scheduling
- 3/19/14: Emory Women's Water Polo is holding its
annual high school clinic the weekend of April 12th/13th. This year, the clinic will have two portions:
Beginners Clinic - April 12th
Advanced Clinic - April 13th
Cost is $25 for a single day or $40 for both days. Learn more information, and register for the event, via the
Emory Women's Water Polo
Note: Emory is offering an early-registration discount until March 28th.
- 3/18/14: 2014 Spring/Summer Blue Devil Water Polo Registration Information
Practice Dates and times at West Gwinnett Aquatic Center: Mondays and Wednesdays, 7 - 9pm (4/14 - 7/16/14):
- April 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30
- May 5, 7, 12, 14, 26, 28
- June 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25
- July 7, 9, 14, 16
Note: No Practice the weeks of 5/17 – 5/23/14, or 6/28 – 7/4/14
- Gwinnett County Parks and Rec payable by credit card at the pool - $151 for 24 practices
- American Water Polo fee for Insurance - If you paid last fall for the 2013 GHSWPA season, you are still covered;
If not go to www.americanwaterpolo.org/membership
and pay the $35
- Blue Devil Water Polo - $25 for Norcross players and $50 for non-Norcross players; Make check out to "Blue
Devil Water Polo" and mail to:
4137 Little Leaf Court
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
Please complete the registration form
and bring it to the first day of practice on April 14th. Or, mail the completed form in with your check to Lisa
at the address above. New this year is the concussion prevention form
that must be completed and turned in at West Gwinnett Aquatic
Center before your player can be in the pool.
Cincinnati Jose Cerda Memorial Tournament Jul 12, 13 - if selected to play. We will drive up early on July 11 and
return late on July 13. This was a great experience last year and really prepared our teams for the Fall season.
There will be games on at least 3 Saturdays. Exact schedule is TBA.
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please email Lisa Bruce,
Blue Devil Water Polo Team Manager.
- 3/17/14: Atlanta Dynamo Water Polo is changing the way they’re working with high school-aged water polo athletes under
their High School Training program. Going forward,
interested athletes must apply to Dynamo's high school program through
Dynamo's website. Unfortunately, Dynamo can no longer incorporate drop-in athletes at Dynamo Water Polo practices.
Note that the deadline for applying to the Spring Session is this Sunday, March 23rd. Interested high school players must go through
Dynamo's application process. If an athlete is selected for one of the fifteen available roster slots, they will be notified of
their acceptance, along with additional program details.
Dynamo believes that by adding structure, committment and clarity, the high school program will increase its impact on those
who participate. Further details, including how to apply, may be found on
the Dynamo website.
- 3/10/14: The league's 2014 pre-season meeting
will be held on Saturday morning, 8/2, at Greater Atlanta Christian School at 9:00am.
All teams registered for the 2014 season should make sure they are represented.
- 3/10/14: The new GHSWPA ByLaws, passed at the 2014 Spring Meeting on March 1st, are now
available online under League Rules.
- 3/10/14: Meeting minutes from the 2014 GHSWPA
Spring Meeting , held on March 1st, are now available.
- 3/5/14: All news from 2013 has been saved in our online archive. Please refer
to our archive for all of our previous results, news and awards.
- 3/5/14: The GHSWPA is on Twitter! Follow us at:
Have news to share? Submit it now...