Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 9/23/16: All middle-school players are welcome to attend a middle-school scrimmage that will
take place on Saturday, 9/24 at Dynamo, at 6:15p. This game will be a
great opportunity for athletes of the same age to experience water polo in a game against their peers.
If an athlete is not affiliated with the GHSWPA already, there will be a $5 charge for insurance coverage. We
will collect cash on site and last minute attendees may register the day of the event. All players should show
up at 5:45p in order to be divided in to teams and to confirm registration.
Look for Tim Watson, the Southern Crescent coach, on deck before the game in order to partcipate.
- 9/22/16: It's time to order your 2016 GHSWPA championship tournament t-shirt and sweatshirt! Designs are below.
Contact your coach or team rep for details!
Co-Ed State Championship Design
Girls State Championship Design
- 9/21/16: Are you interested in renting a table at an upcoming 2016 GHSWPA Championship Tournament, including
the Division 3, Girls or Co-Ed Championship events? The fee per tournament is $200, and payment is due to our league Treasurer
by October 7th. Please contact your team rep to get started!
- 9/21/16: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
- 9/20/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 18th have been posted.
- 9/13/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 11th have been posted.
- 9/4/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 4th have been posted.
- 8/30/16: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Collins Hill senior, Jacob Callis, in prime attacking position on offense
- 8/28/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 28th have been posted.
- 8/28/16: Congratulations to St. Pius X (SPX) for finishing first within the high school division of the
Cup tournament! SPX defeated the Miami Riptides, 7 - 6, in the championship final, while fellow GHSWPA team, Lakeside Vikings,
- 8/24/16: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
GAC Spartans field player, Jack Olson, legs up during a game in his home pool this past weekend
- 8/23/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 21st have been posted.
- 8/22/16: Have you been watching some GHSWPA or Olympic water polo lately, and are interested in learning more about
what it takes to be a water polo referee? We would love to hear from you, as starting at the high school level is a
great way to learn about refereeing from the ground up! Contact our Head Referee for
- 8/18/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 14th have been posted.
- 8/18/16: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 at Dynamo: Southern Crescent goalie, Adam Koenig, stops a shot from
the APS Knights A center; Southern Crescent went on to win the D1 game, 16 - 5
- 8/10/16: Camp Registration for the 2016-2017 USA
Water Polo Olympic Development Program is now open. The Southeastern Zone, Atlanta-area's boys and girls camps will be
on Sunday, October 16th, 2016.
The Olympic Development Program exists to identify and prepare athletes to represent USAWP in international
competition; while exposing, educating, engaging and developing all USAWP athletes, coaches and referees to the
vision of our Men's and Women's Senior National Team Coaches. The goal is to identify and develop athletes at the
USAWP club level and then integrate them into national team pipeline via the Olympic Development Program.
Have news to share? Submit it now...