Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
- 10/20/14: The 2014 GHSWPA post-season meeting will be held this coming Saturday morning, October 25th at 9:00a
at GAC. Details of the meeting will be sent out
beforehand via a league email. Please make sure your team is represented!
- 10/20/14: Videos of the 2014 GHSWPA Co-ed Championship Final, played on Sunday, October 12th, have been
posted to YouTube:
Norcross gets second straight water polo state championship, via
The Gwinnett Daily Post
- 10/18/14: Your 2014 GHSWPA All-Stars!
2014 Division 1 All-Stars
2014 Division 2 All-Stars
2014 Division 3 All-Stars
2014 Girls All-Stars
The GHSWPA Board would like to extend a special thank you to
American Water Polo for their assistance
throughout 2014. AWP's comprehensive services covering facility insurance, athlete and coach registration, auxiliary
equipment needs, referee training, league awards and general guidance prooved to be extremely valuable once more.
The GHSWPA first partnered with American Water Polo
in July 2012, becoming an American Water Polo League at that time. 2014 was therefore the third consecutive
season of the successful relationship between the two organizations.
Water polo? Wesleyan gets it, via The Dunwoody Crier
- 10/14/14: Final league standings for the 2014 season have been posted.
- 10/13/14: The 2014 GHSWPA All-Star Games will be held
this coming Saturday morning, October 18th, at the West
Gwinnett Aquatic Center:
- Division 3: 8:00 - 8:45a
- Division 2: 8:50 - 9:35a
- Girls Division: 9:45 - 10:30a
- Division 1: 10:35 - 11:20a
For each division's game, athletes named to the All-GHSWPA teams are automatically invited,
and each team can add up to two additional, all-star players from their squads, but, no team should have more than four
athletes playing. Games will be 7-minute-running-clock quarters with three, 30-second timeouts.
The All-Star games are the league's annual celebration for completing another successful season. Please join us this
Saturday as we think back on an oustanding year!
- 10/13/14: There will be a middle school skills clinic at 11:30a at the
West Gwinnett Aquatic Center after the All-Star Games conclude. All-Star players are invited to help with the
clinic after they are done playing. The clinic is being run by Blue Devil coach, Matt Roberts, and is $5/player.
- 10/13/14: How did the Norcross Blue Devils get ready for the 2014 GHSWPA Championship?
This is how. [YouTube video]
- 10/12/14: Congratulations to all student-athletes, coaches, referees, parents, table workers, volunteers
and fans on another outstanding GHSWPA season!
- 10/12/14: Congratulations to Blue Devil A for winning the 2014 GHSWPA
State Championship! Blue Devil A repeats as champions, defeating Collins Hill A 14 - 7 in the final. SPX A topped
Southern Crescent in the 3rd-place game, and the GAC Spartans finished 5th.
Blue Devil A, 2014 GHSWPA State Champions
Jake Einig (#6), Blue Devil A senior, winds up for a shot against Collins Hill A in the championship final
The championship bracket has been updated with day three results and is now final:
The 2014 GHSWPA State Championship Bracket
Have news to share? Submit it now...