Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 8/26/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 28th have been posted.
- 8/24/16: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
GAC Spartans field player, Jack Olson, legs up during a game in his home pool this past weekend
- 8/23/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 21st have been posted.
- 8/22/16: Have you been watching some GHSWPA or Olympic water polo lately, and are interested in learning more about
what it takes to be a water polo referee? We would love to hear from you, as starting at the high school level is a great way
to learn about refereeing from the ground up! Contact our Head Referee for more information!
- 8/18/16: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 14th have been posted.
- 8/18/16: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Sunday, August 14th, 2016 at Dynamo: Southern Crescent goalie, Adam Koenig, stops a shot from
the APS Knights A center; Southern Crescent went on to win the D1 game, 16 - 5
- 8/10/16: Camp Registration for the 2016-2017 USA
Water Polo Olympic Development Program is now open. The Southeastern Zone, Atlanta-area's boys and girls camps will be
on Sunday, October 16th, 2016.
The Olympic Development Program exists to identify and prepare athletes to represent USAWP in international
competition; while exposing, educating, engaging and developing all USAWP athletes, coaches and referees to the
vision of our Men's and Women's Senior National Team Coaches. The goal is to identify and develop athletes at the
USAWP club level and then integrate them into national team pipeline via the Olympic Development Program.
- 8/3/16: The always popular GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week is back for the 2016 season! Simply take a photo of a GHSWPA
student-athlete or team, submit the photo to GAPolo.com with caption, and maybe your photo will get picked for
the week! Photos will be released on the website mid-week all season long! Get those cameras ready!
- 8/1/16: Want to watch 2016 Olympic water polo competition from Rio? Check out the full schedule of
water polo games via
the NBC Sports website.
- 7/28/16: Congratulations to the student-athletes from Georgia named as a
2015-16 American Water Polo Scholar Athlete!. In order to be named, student-athletes must meet the following
- Student-athlete must have at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) or 87/100
- Athletes must have played in an AWP event, league (like the GHSWPA) or tournament
- Athletes of any age are eligible
Each year, GHSWPA teams are encouraged to submit their eligible student-athletes for recognition. The deadline to
submit nominations this year was June 30th, 2016.
Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Have news to share? Submit it now...