Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 8/26/15: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week:
Chloe White of Lakeside legs up to make a pass from the perimeter while Maddie Helmick of Collins
Hill defends, on August 22nd at the Dynamo Aquatic Center [submit other action photos]
- 8/24/15: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 23rd have been posted.
- 8/22/15: Thank you to Coach Watson (Southern Crescent) and Coach Jenny (Collins Hill) for their time and energy
at this weekend's GHSWPA Middle School Water Polo Expo!
Coaches at the Middle School Expo on Saturday, 8/22/2015
- 8/20/15: GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week:
Defender, Jordan Chatfield, and his St. Pius teammates battled Lakeside A on August 15th
at the Cumming Aquatic Center [submit other action photos]
- 8/17/15: Game scores and updated league
standings through August 16th have been posted.
- 8/16/15: The always popular GHSWPA Action Photo of the Week is back for the 2015 season! Simply take a photo of a GHSWPA
student-athlete or team, submit the photo to GAPolo.com with caption, and maybe your photo will get picked for
the week! Photos will be released on the website mid-week all season long! Get those cameras ready!
- 8/11/15: News and Notes for the week of August 10th:
- New overtime rule: In the event of a tie in regulation there will be two, 3-minute overtime periods with each
team allotted one 60 second time-out. If at the end of the two periods the game is still tied, it will remain a tie.
- Background checks for all coaches and Referees need to be completed ASAP! Please reference
the American Water Polo website for
information and the appropriate links.
- AWP Membership: Make sure ALL of your players are registered prior to their first competition. You can check
by logging into your American Water Polo account
and searching the directory by team name.
- Table Workers: Please remind your table workers who attended the training to wear their t-shirts when on deck
if possible. If you have more parents willing to help out, please let your 'Certified' table worker help train
them at the table. If you have a parent with a question, have them ask you or look for a person in a
t-shirt for assistance.
- Initial Rosters are due by Friday. Remember, you can add to them if you gain new players.
- Floaters will not be allowed this year. A player may move either up or down ONCE in the season. This needs
to be reflected in the roster updates.
- Submit Scores / Action Photos: Please use the submit news link to send in scores
and Action Photos of the Week after your games. It would be a good idea to assign someone to do this as a season-long task,
that way, no one assumes that someone else will be taking care of this important task.
- 8/6/15: Norcross High School, playing as Blue Devil Water Polo in the GHSWPA, is seeking a
coach for the fall 2015 season. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
for details. Thank you!
- 8/3/15: The GHSWPA encourages all its athletes to Fix Your Suit
during the upcoming 2015 season and beyond.
Have news to share? Submit it now...