Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 10/4/15: Congratulations to APS Knights for winning the 2015 GHSWPA Girls
State Championship! APS claimed the title over Collins Hill 6 - 5 in a thrilling final game. Lakeside defeated North
15 - 8 in the 3rd-place game.
Please refer to the Girls State Championship bracket for all game results. The
final Girls Division Standings for the season have been posted. Congratulations APS
Knights, and congratulations to all Girls Division participants on a successful 2015 season!
- 10/3/15: Congratulations to Wesleyan for winning the 2015 GHSWPA Division
3 Championship! Wesleyan topped Collins Hill B 16 - 8 in the championship final. Per their top-two finishes in Division
3, both Wesleyan and Collins Hill B advance to the 2015 GHSWPA State Championship
next weekend. Lakeside B defeated SPX C 9 - 8 in the 3rd-place game.
Please refer to the Division 3 Championship bracket for all game results. The
Division 3 Standings for the season have been updated. Congratulations Wesleyan, and
congratulations to all Division 3 participants on a successful 2015 season!
- 9/30/15: The bracket, schedule and seedings for the 2015 GHSWPA Division 3
Championship and for the 2015 GHSWPA Girls State Championship have been
released! Good luck to all participating teams!
- 9/30/15: Please take a moment to congratulate the GHSWPA student-athletes who were honored
2014-15 American Water Polo Scholar-Athletes!
- Alpharetta: Perry Brandes
- Cambridge: Darby Goodyear, Jason Yang
- Collins Hill: Evan Kellams, Kaitlyn Torrez, Philip Jenny, Maxwell Johnson, Michael Hall, Madison Helmick
- Dalton: Tanner Thomas, Eli Hasselberg
- Grady: Gregory Fedorov, Mack Hodges, Sloan Hodges
- Lakeside: Alejandro Nunez, Charles Cardot, Christopher Swahn, Max Adelman, Max Ware, Philip Li, Renee Rizzo,
Tensaye Taye, Glenn Wikle, Timmy Uher, Will Buxton, Spencer Tomlinson, Will Secor
- Norcross: Blake Ryland, Jack Einig, Jake Einig
- North Springs Charter: Kevin Hopper, Alex Moses, Charles Plumly
- Pace: Mitchell Zwecker, Joseph Loughran, Avery Herman, Ciara Sadaka
- St. Pius X: Jordan Chatfield, Ben Steinberg, Daniel Figiel
- Westminster: Kellson Tucker
- Woodward: George Kimbrough
Athletes named to
the American Water Polo Scholar-Athlete Team had to meet two criteria:
1) Student-athletes must have at least a 3.20 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale). If no GPA scale
is used then a 87/100 is required. 2) Athletes must have played in an American Water Polo event, league or tournament
during the span of the 2014-15 academic year.
- 9/28/15: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Ciara Sadaka of APS Knights / Pace Academy scores during a 6 - 4
win over Collins Hill to help complete the APS Knights undefeated
2015 regular season. Photo credit: T.W. Robinson
Blue Devil A / Norcross senior Eric Strickland lead all
scorers with four goals during last week's 7 - 5
win over SPX A at Wesleyan
- 9/27/15: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 27th have been posted.
- 9/22/15: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Cambridge coach Lauren Hall and her young
assistant coach. Photo credit: Jeff Wheeler
Alex Moses of North Springs gets ready to let a shot fly
against GAC. Photo credit: Laurie Moses
- 9/21/15: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 20th have been posted.
- 9/18/15: Wildcat coach, Owen Sweitzer, introduced water polo to the Atlanta Swim Academy's Bronze Group in Cobb County.
Check out the full photo set via ASA's
- 9/17/15: GHSWPA Action Co-Photos of the Week: [submit other action photos]
Allison Vermaak of Pope Water Polo peeks around her APS
Knights defender as her shot makes its way towards goal
photo credit: Kevin Winkler
The ladies of Pope Water Polo huddle during a recent
game while Coach Schreer talks strategy
photo credit: Kevin Winkler
- 9/15/15: Game scores and updated league
standings through September 13th have been posted.
- 9/11/15: The apparel artwork for the 2015 GHSWPA state championships has been released! Contact your team rep or coach
to place your order by September 21st!
Have news to share? Submit it now...