Georgia High School Water Polo Association
Welcome to GAPolo.com - your official source for news and information regarding the Georgia High School Water Polo
Association (GHSWPA). Please use hashtag #GAPolo on social media.
- 2/22/17: Reminder: The 2017 GHSWPA Spring Meeting will be on Saturday, February 25th, at North Springs High School,
at 10:00a. Coaches and Team Reps for the 2017 season should plan on attending. An agenda will be sent via email prior
to the meeting.
- 2/13/17: Announcing three 2017 GHSWPA Spring Clinics!
- Boys High School Clinic
- March 18th at Cumming Aquatic Center, 12:00n - 4:00p
- Cost $25
- Girls High School Clinic
- March 19th at Mountain View Aquatic Center, 12:00n - 4:00p
- Cost $25
- Middle School High School Clinic
- March 26th at Collins Hill Aquatic Center, 8:00a - 12:00n
- Cost $19 for the clinic, plus $6 admission to the aquatic center
The clinicians will be Collins Hill's Coach Jarod and Lakeside's Coach Andy. A current
American Water Polo membership is required
to participate. We expect space to be limited and recommend early registration. To learn more and to sign up, go
the Spring Clinics website.
- 1/23/17: The GHSWPA Board has approved a referee development program pulling from the league's current and
alumni players. The basics of this new feeder program is modeled after Florida's program:
- High school students who are at least 16 years of age may join the referee corps as a
"student official" and be assigned to a mentor official for training and partnering for games
- Student officials will be allowed to work middle school, Division III, and select Girls’ and
Division II contests
- Student officials may not officiate games involving their school’s teams
Please distribute the Referee Recruiting Flyer
to anyone you think may be interested in becoming a referee. Depending on the response, we intend to have training clinic(s) during
the spring. If you have any questions, please contact the GHSWPA Head Referee.
- 1/6/17: All news from 2016 has been saved in our online archive. Please refer
to our archive for all of our previous results, news and awards.
- 10/24/16: The GHSWPA welcomes two new members to its Board, Annie Rizzo, the new Director of the Girls State Tournament,
and Joe Gudiswitz, the new Director of the GHSWPA State Tournament. Annie and Joe replace outgoing Board members Susan Bagent and
Kris Chatfield, who held the same positions respectively. Thank you Susan and Kris for your service to the GHSWPA and to your
Have news to share? Submit it now...